Do you want to use mentoring in your organisation?
You may have arranged for your mentors to be trained to carry out this role, but how are you going to prepare your mentees to make the most of being mentored?
Mentoring is a partnership where both mentor and mentee contribute to its success.
The Mentee Skills programme prepares your mentees for mentoring and helps them understand how to make the most of it.
We build in your organisation’s approach to mentoring to provide a relevant, contextualised programme.
Our facilitation style is highly experiential, engaging and focused on the practical.
What are the benefits?
A common understanding of mentoring
Develop a common understanding of what mentoring is, processes, roles and how it works within your organisation
Encourage a growth mindset
Develop a growth mindset in your mentees and encourage them to take accountability for their development, with the support of a mentor
Maximise the impact of mentoring
Enable mentees to recognise how to get the most out of being in a mentoring relationship and growth mindset
- Provides a common understanding of the role of the mentor
- Raises awareness of mentoring skills and behaviours and provides practice of mentoring
- Develops the confidence of participants to take on the role of mentor
- Outlines how mentoring will work in your organisation and what support is available to mentors and mentees
- Assesses the participants’ competence, attitudes and professionalism as a mentor
Face-to-face: one-day workshopVirtual: three 2-hour sessions
Up to 15 participants per workshop / virtual session
Access to online Resources
- Comparing coaching to counselling and mentoring and understanding the boundaries of each.
- The range of approaches available to a coach (coaching mindset)
- The LEAP Model – an introduction to a coaching conversation
- Structuring the conversation – the GROW Model
- A Coaching demonstration – from one of our experienced tutors
- Coaching practice in pairs