This coaching skills course introduces and practices line managers in the fundamentals of coaching.
What this course achieves:
- Introduces the concept of workplace coaching to line managers who have little experience or understanding of what workplace coaching is or how it works
- Helps managers appreciate the difference between leading, managing and coaching and how coaching works in practice
- Provides an understanding of the differences between coaching, mentoring and counseling
- Outlines the key skills and behaviors and the range of approaches available when coaching
- Explanation and demonstration of the GROW model as a way to structure a conversation
- Provides an appreciation of the art of listening
- Understand the structure and use of good questioning
The course design has tutor input, large group/small group and paired working and discussion.
Maximum of 15 participants per course.